From: <billc_lists@greenbuilder.com>
Subject: Re: Combining SIMS machines
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:52:03 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 10:05 AM -0400 8/9/04, chris wrote:
I currently run two different SIMS servers. To consolidate IPs, I want to
merge them into one server. Since both have 50 plus accounts on them,
what is the easiest way of merging them?

Account info is all in the account files themselves.  All you have to do is move the contents of the Accounts folder.  You'll probably want to move the Queue contents over.

Don't forget to add the necessary domains in the router.

I figured I would check on how plausable this is BEFORE I tried it, just
in case doing so could prove fatal to the accounts involved.

Always a wise move.

Also, looking forward, I'll probably want to rename the accounts to match
the domain prefixing I do for the one server that already has multiple
domains (ie: one server runs only one domain, and it will be moved to the
one that does multiples, so in the long run, I'd want to change the names
to match my prefix system. But that's a looking ). Can I change the
account name in the SIMS folder? Changing the names of 50 accounts will
be much faster in the Finder then in SIMS's web interface.

I believe so.  Try it on a test account and see.
--
Bill Christensen
http://greenbuilder.com/contact/

Green Building Professionals Directory: http://directory.greenbuilder.com