From: Christopher Bort <cbort@globalhomes.com>
Subject: Re: Combining SIMS machines
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:41:02 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 8/9/04 at 17:52, billc_lists@greenbuilder.com wrote:

> At 10:05 AM -0400 8/9/04, chris wrote:
> >I currently run two different SIMS servers. To consolidate IPs, I
> >want to merge them into one server. Since both have 50 plus accounts
> >on them, what is the easiest way of merging them?
>
> Account info is all in the account files themselves.  All you have to
> do is move the contents of the Accounts folder.  You'll probably want
> to move the Queue contents over.

You'll also need to re-launch SIMS on the target machine to get it to read
the new account and queue files. (SIMS might read the account files w/o
re-launching, but I'm pretty certain you need to re-launch if you mess with
the queue.) To be safe, I'd quit SIMS before moving the files and re-launch
after everything is copied.

                      <http://www.globalhomes.com/>