From: Christopher Bort <cbort@globalhomes.com>
Subject: Re: Routing help
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:58:58 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 8/10/04 at 14:01, billc_lists@greenbuilder.com wrote:

> I suspect that as soon as I send this I'll figure out the problem,
> but...
>
> I'm setting up some new accounts.  In the router I have
>
> <User@austindiamond.com>=<local>AmericusUser
>
> and I've created accounts with the name AmericusUser.
>
> Everything looks pretty much like all the existing routings of
> similar type.
>
> However, when I send to User@austindiamond.com (on the local machine
> or from an outside source) it bounces back with 550 User Unknown.
>
> I haven't been able to see where anything is wrong.
>
> Ideas?

Typos? E.g., is 'AmericusUser' spelled the same in both the account name
and your router entry?

What do you get when you feed 'User@austindiamond.com' to the router tester
in the SIMS web admin interface?

What does your log say if you bump the router log level up to 'All Info'
and send a message to <User@austindiamond.com> and/or feed it to the router
tester?

Do you have an MX record for austindiamond.com pointing to your mail
server?

Also, you don't really need the '<local>' in your router entry.

                      <http://www.globalhomes.com/>