Mailing List Message #14705
From: Christopher Bort <>
Subject: Re: Routing help
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:23:15 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <>
On 8/10/04 at 15:38, wrote:

> At 1:58 PM -0700 8/10/04, Christopher Bort wrote:
> >
> >Also, you don't really need the '<local>' in your router entry.
> Apparently, the <local> was throwing things off.  Once I removed
> that, all was well.
> The router tester showed
>   Local (AmericusUser)
> without <local> in there, and
>   AmericusUser at Local()
> with <local>.
> I'm not really sure what the difference is, but the first works and
> the second doesn't.

According to the router docs, the <local> tag is for routing 'Unified
Domain-Wide Accounts', where you want all messages address to any address
in a given domain to be delivered to a single local account. The router
entry for that would be:

domain.tld = <local>local-account

'Unified Domain-Wide Accounts' is the only section in the docs where the
<local> tag is mentioned so, AFAIK, it has no other use. I'd guess that
since your router entry had an address alias with both local and domain
parts (<user@domain.tld>), SIMS got confused when it matched the address on
a router line that tried to map it to a unified domain-wide account.

                   Christopher Bort |
            Webmaster, Global Homes |