From: Christopher Bort <cbort@globalhomes.com>
Subject: Re: deny mail from entire TLD?
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:43:04 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 8/20/04 at 13:27, Chris Jensen wrote:

> i don't want anyone from .cz emailing me.  there have been some serious
> problems and the RBLs don't seem to be keepingup.  how do i set either
> in the router or my SMTP settings to deny everything from a TLD?

*.tld = error

Make sure that 'Verify Return-Paths' is enabled (checked) in your SMTP
settings. Also, note that this will only reject messages where the
Return-Path uses that TLD. SIMS doesn't look at the header 'From', or any
other header line. That said, I do exactly what you're asking about for
several country TLDs and it eliminates a non-trivial amount of spam. Not a
whole lot, but enough to be noticeable.  8^)

                      <http://www.globalhomes.com/>