From: Kevin Windham <kevo@gatorgraphics.com>
Subject: Re: "we do not relay" problems
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:49:33 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On Aug 26, 2004, at 3:25 PM, Chris Jensen wrote:

that's the same as checking "the server requires secure authentication"?

On Aug 26, 2004, at 4:17 PM, Christopher Bort wrote:

On 8/26/04 at 13:12, Chris Jensen wrote:

i've got a client that gets a lot of "we do not relay" problems,
despite setting up their outlook to log in to send messages and recieve
messages before they send.  i can't isolate their network because they
are mobile.  what else can i do to make sure they are able to send
their mail?

Can they do SMTP AUTH? It's a better solution than POP-before-SMTP if the
client supports it.

No. Secure authentication normally uses ssl or some other protocol that SIMS doesn't support. Just use plain authentication and it should work, or try APOP which I believe you can enable in SIMS. Sorry if I'm wrong on that it's been a while since I used SIMS.

HTH,
Kevin