From: Christopher Bort <cbort@globalhomes.com>
Subject: Re: "we do not relay" problems
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:56:29 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 8/26/04 at 13:49, Kevin Windham wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2004, at 3:25 PM, Chris Jensen wrote:
>
> > that's the same as checking "the server requires secure
> > authentication"?

> >> Can they do SMTP AUTH? It's a better solution than POP-before-SMTP if
> >> the
> >> client supports it.
>
> No. Secure authentication normally uses ssl or some other protocol that
> SIMS doesn't support.

Ah, right. My eye skipped over the 'secure' part. Sorry for any confusion.

> Just use plain authentication and it should work, or try APOP
> which I believe you can enable in SIMS. Sorry if I'm wrong on that
> it's been a while since I used SIMS.

APOP is used with POP3. Chris wants to be able to send messages via
authenticated SMTP sessions. What he's looking for is a setting that says
something like 'Use SMTP Authentication'. Sorry, but I don't know exactly
what it's called or where it's located in Outlook.

                      <http://www.globalhomes.com/>