From: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: Why is this blacklisted?
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:53:39 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 9:29 AM -0400 9/21/04, David Muszynski  imposed structure on a stream of electrons, yielding:
I'll go over it again, but my blacklist is basically a few select portions of yours that I've taken and pieced together. See below.

Ewww, ouch. Not the wisest strategy. I'm not kidding. Note that I have paths that I provide to known correspondents for getting around my local blacklist and I actively discourage new business, i.e. I'm not eager to hear from fresh new clients. The spam ratio to addresses protected by my local blacklist is well over 99% and whatever version of my blacklist you drew from was likely to have been one designed to deal with that in extreme ways. It is a good thing that you were selective, but it I cannot emphasize strongly enough that my blacklist is designed for my specific situation and is likely to cause unjustified blocking in just about any other situation.