From: Charles Mangin <option8@option8.com>
Subject: Re: outlook clients, POP times out?
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:06:59 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

This is starting to look very much like a corrupt disk. The one thing that could cause both the intermittent timeouts and this apparent mangling of mail would be  damage to the HFS filesystem structures on disk. Have you run Disk First Aid on this disk?

as a matter of fact, i just recently ran disk first aid and norton disk doctor on the drives hooked to this machine, mostly because it'd been a long time since the last time it was defragmented or the volumes were looked at, but also related to my other recent problem of the 83 meg inbox - one of my thoughts was that the file had become corrupted or extremely fragmented.

however, the POP timeout problem has occurred since my evening of babysitting norton, disk first aid, etc. so i feel like it's a problem with the way either SIMS handles the attachments or the sender does.

             charles mangin | Alpha Geek and Chief Mental Hygienist
        option8@option8.com | What's that watermelon doing there?
     http://niftee-tron.com | http://mentalhygiene.com