From: Charles Mangin <option8@option8.com>
Subject: Re: outlook clients, POP times out?
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:18:52 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
bill -

do you mind if i quote your response as an expert on this issue, verbatim, to the client, who is now telling me that it must be my fault, and that their previous isp never had any trouble like this? frankly, i'm ready to call it an outlook issue - which it seems to be - and be done with it. use eudora or mozilla or anything else, please... every time i have to deal with an issue, it's a client with outlook express.

SIMS does not 'handle' attachments in any way. SIMS does the formally correct thing with each message by treating the content as an unknown blob of bytes. It doesn't do anything to interpret whether a message contains attachments or not, so whatever the sending end sends is what the receiving client receives, without  interference. This is normal behavior for mail servers, so unless you are comparing SIMS to things like Exchange or Notes and their proprietary client interfaces (i.e. non-POP3) there's nothing at all unusual with what SIMS is (not) doing.

             charles mangin | Alpha Geek and Chief Mental Hygienist
        option8@option8.com | What's that watermelon doing there?
     http://niftee-tron.com | http://mentalhygiene.com