Mailing List Message #14800
From: Neil Herber <>
Subject: Re: Mulitple RBLs
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:00:58 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <>

Two bits of advice:

1) Upgrade to the last stable beta version of SIMS (1.8b9d14). I fixes a couple of security holes in 1.7 and is probably better for you than increasing your RBL count.

2) Once you have upgraded, to set up multiple RBLs, on the web-based admin go to SMTP>RBL Server List. In the window that opens, enter each RBL on a separate line. My list looks something like this: "Rejected -" "Rejected -" "Rejected -" "Rejected -"

Note that SIMS seems to limit the length of the message (the part in quotes) returned to the rejected server. In my case I put in URLs to direct people to my spam pages.