From: Neil Herber <nospam@mail.eton.ca>
Subject: Re: Mulitple RBLs
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:34:31 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 2004-11-18  11:10 AM -0700, Lewis Butler is rumored to have said:
On 17 Nov 2004, at 08:00, Neil Herber wrote:
sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org "Rejected - http://spam.eton.ca/#sbl"
cbl.abuseat.org "Rejected - http://spam.eton.ca/#cbl"
dnsbl.njabl.org "Rejected - http://spam.eton.ca/#njabl"
cn-kr.blackholes.us "Rejected - http://spam.eton.ca/#cn-kr"

Have you check for what cn-kr is catching?  Since adding sbl-xbl to my RBLs I've dropped cn-kr because 1) it was catching very little 2) most of what it was catching was not actually spam.

YMMV.

It looks like MMDV, because yesterday, cn-kr caught 25 pieces of what looked to be spam. Half of it was addressed to spamtrap addresses, so it would have been rejected anyway.

So that means 25 pieces of spam AFTER the other 3 blocklists had weeded out the worst. Total rejected for the day was 298 (including spamtraps).

How can you tell if something rejected by a blocklist was really spam? All you have to go on is an IP address. I have postmaster and abuse accounts and a web form for people to complain about bad rejects. I have had only 2 complaints in 2 years.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668