De: Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net>
Sujet: Re: Mulitple RBLs
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 02:02:18 -0700
A: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 18 Nov 2004, at 11:34, Neil Herber wrote:
How can you tell if something rejected by a blocklist was really spam? All you have to go on is an IP address. I have postmaster and abuse accounts and a web form for people to complain about bad rejects. I have had only 2 complaints in 2 years.

I'm using Postfix and so I see the IP, the HELO, the return address, and who it's addressed to.  What I've seen blocked were opt-in periodic mailings.  That is, commercial mail, but not spam mail.

OTOH, I've not been paying that much attention since even the stuff that does get through the RBLs is pretty much all caught by SpamAssassin.  Maybe I'll stick cn-kr back in and see what happens.

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect had intended for us to forego their use."  -Galileo