From: Neil Herber <nospam@mail.eton.ca>
Subject: converting from SIMS to ???
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 10:09:14 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Greetings

I have seen variations on this topic before, but time has passed and I wanted to get up to date info.

My faithful Mac server (runs Webstar/Tango/SIMS/ListSTAR) is staring to show its age. I have decided against switching the server to either OS X or Linux and have decided to move web/mail/list serving onto an existing Windows 2000 server.

I want to retain the functionality from the Mac server and minimize the cost of the switch. I have been testing the Sambar server, and so far everything looks good. Does anyone have any experience with the MTA built into Sambar? Communigate Pro is not out of the question because email is the most vital component on the server. But if the Sambar MTA is a reasonable and reliable item, I will use it.

Any comments welcome. My email address does work if you don't want to respond on the list.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668