From: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: Tagged Addresses, was: Re: SIMS and RBLs
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:01:03 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 12:13 PM -0500 11/22/04, Stefan Jeglinski  imposed structure on a stream of electrons, yielding:
I'm also now using subdomain-based tagging in a slightly different way, because it is more likely to be portable to Postfix when I get around to migrating.

Now you have my attention! I've been contemplating switching from SIMS to Postfix as well, but I have not seen any good way to do the tagged addressing (which I have used extensively after you first described it long ago).

Can you describe the "slightly different way" you are referring to?

I have subdomains for each user (I have a very small count of actual users) and all addresses for the subdomain are routed to the main address.

Is Postfix really that hostile to the kind of router operations we're used to using with ease in SIMS?

I'm actually not sure. I am fairly sure that there is tagged address support in Postfix, but I don't know how flexible it is. Part of my delay in migrating is because I have a LOT of work to do in figuring out how to map my SIMS config over to the Postfix equivalents.