From: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: -39 Errors
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:28:08 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 12:42 AM -0700 11/25/04, Warren Michelsen  imposed structure on a stream of electrons, yielding:
I'm seeing -39 errors in the SMTP monitor of CommuniGator.

Is SIMS having a problem with one of its temp files?

Maybe, but it is also possible that this is just someone dropping a connection in a rushed manner. -39 is an 'end of file' error and SIMS can kick that out for a mangled temp file or for an abnormal session close.

I'd start with a log check to see if it is always associated with one user or SMTP sender, but a quick scan with Disk First Aid couldn't hurt as well.

--
Bill Cole
bill@scconsult.com