From: Mike Hebel <nimitz@nimitzbrood.com>
Subject: Re: Authentication Attempts
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:39:06 -0600 (CST)
To: <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
> the hacks for it. Because I have DSL now and am not willing to trust
> my ISP with access to my network, I have a DSL router (Efficient
> SpeedStream 5861) where I actually do all my simple address and port
> filtering.

I know this is OT but does your Speedstream "fall down" from time to time?
 I mean need to be hard powered or logged back into the network?We're using a 5861 which we got from SBC when we set up the connection
some years ago and it just seems to flak occasionally.

To add an on-topic here I would suggest looking at a cheap PC with two
network cards and downloading Smoothwall (http://www.smoothwall.org).
It's pretty simple to install and it can easily sit between any two points
and act as a good firewall.  You're going to have to learn how to open up
a couple of ports on it but that's a given if you're running any mail
server and a firewall of any type.

Mike Hebel
----
"I think we used too much!" - Chris Knight