From: Timothy Binder <lists@cyberthorn.net>
Subject: Re: Wandering off-topic: Speedstream 5861 (was Re: Authentication Attempts)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 03:57:43 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On Nov 30, 2004, at 8:11 PM, Warren Michelsen wrote:

At 11:09 AM -0600 11/30/04, Dave Pooser issued a series of ones and zeros which decoded as:
That's certainly a reasonable option if one wishes to tinker. The
consumer-grade routers are usually a cheaper and simpler choice for
someone who wants a simple web interface, a tiny form factor, and no
moving parts.

And low power consumption and silent operation....

Points in its favor. I would prefer such a solution to running IPNR on another Mac, as I did when I was sharing the net on a dial-up modem.

You can run IPNR on the same Mac as SIMS, too. I did this successfully for a while, along with Macjordomo and MacDNS, and maybe some other stuff. (Yes, I'm dating myself.)

--
A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?