From: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
Subject: Re: Wandering off-topic: Speedstream 5861 (was Re: Authentication Attempts)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:58:55 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
>However, setting up this beast using a CLI is not for the faint of
>heart. No where in the approximately 1000 pages of documentation on the
>supplied CD did I find a reasonable "theory of operations" manual. So
>it was a matter of doing a lot of trial and error, reading and
>re-reading the cryptic command reference manual and the configuration
>manual whose examples were prone to not working. And, of course, having
>the IT guy at work with Cisco training look over my settings too.

I've been working recently with Cisco wireless access points as well as
the PIX 501.

I've also come to the conclusion that Cisco designs their products in a
manner to make sure the only people that can really understand it without
going insane are Cisco Certified. They really do appear to make a pointed
effort to keep anyone else away from the hardware.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>