From: Warren Michelsen <Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com>
Subject: LinkSys Routers
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:17:57 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 9:44 AM -0600 12/1/04, Mike Hebel issued a series of ones and zeros which decoded as:

>Low Cost: Linksys Router with Firewall option.

The info at the linksys site says of most of these devices: "The router can also be configured to block internal users' access to the Internet." That's pretty much the opposite of what I would use it for -- blocking spammers and such from my servers.

I note that you wrote "firewall option". Is that as in "extra-cost option"? Must a Linksys device be ordered with the option or is the option installed via a firmware upgrade or what?