From: Timothy Binder <lists@cyberthorn.net>
Subject: Re: SIMS replacements (was: two other topics!)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 13:07:35 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On Dec 1, 2004, at 12:38 PM, Neil Herber wrote:

* 602LanSuite (Win only) $299 for 25 users
* ArGoSoft Mail Server Pro (Win only) $88 for unlimited users
* Communigate Pro (anything with a CPU) $699 for 25 users and 5 mailing lists
* Eudora Internet Mail server (Mac only) $400 for unlimited users
* IMail server (Win only) seems to have morphed into Ipswitch Collaboration Suite and the pricing has gone nuts
* Mercury Mail Transport System (Win only) free and looks promising (what's the catch??)

Can anyone comment on these or any other mail servers that can be administered without a degree in uber-geek?

Mac OS X Server (Mac only :-) $499 has a front end to some standard Unix servers. The 10-user limit for the $499 version is only for filesharing, not for email.

I haven't used it really. I was considering migrating, but dropped my home DSL line, so never took the steps.

--
A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?