From: Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net>
Subject: Re: Wandering off-topic: Speedstream 5861 (was Re: Authentication Attempts)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 19:57:06 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 01 Dec 2004, at 06:36, Warren Michelsen wrote:
At 3:57 AM -0500 12/1/04, Timothy Binder issued a series of ones and zeros which decoded as:

You can run IPNR on the same Mac as SIMS, too. I did this successfully for a while, along with Macjordomo and MacDNS, and maybe some other stuff. (Yes, I'm dating myself.)

I'd like a router/firewall that will protect others servers as well. Since SIMS is on an iMac... Besides, while I might trust IPNR on X to stand between the net and my servers, I wouldn't put an OS 9 box in that position.

Well, OS 9 is, if anything, MORE secure than OS X.  COurse, it has nothing open at all by default.

Also, IPNR is a quality product.  I know of people who have run it unattended for years.

My reason for preferring a OS X machine is purely usability for other tasks.

--
We will fight for Bovine Freedom and hold our large heads high
We will run free with the Buffalo or die