From: Kurt Anderson <kurt@honeycomb.net>
Subject: Re: Wandering off-topic II: gigabit routers
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:14:50 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
My first question is how much traffic will this network push and pull?

For true gigabit routing you are talking big $ but could get into a used Cisco 7500 series router with GEIP interfaces that can handle 300Mbps of through put. Plan on spending about $5 to 8k US for the router and cards needed off ebay.

If you need to get above 300Mbps plan on $25k + and have them seek a local network professional, have the access is one thing but managing serious traffic full time is another.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stefan Jeglinski" <jeglin@4pi.com>