De: Warren Michelsen <Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com>
Sujet: Re: WRT54G
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 13:19:03 -0700
A: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 12:42 PM -0600 12/2/04, Mike Hebel issued a series of ones and zeros which decoded as:
>On Thursday, December 2, 2004, at 12:23 PM, Warren Michelsen wrote:
>

>>>One is a DSL Modem/Router unit (which is really just a Router, but for
>>>sake of clarity, I'll refered to it as the combo). This unit the WAN port
>>>is a DSL interface.
>>
>>I thought we'd established that this is NOT what I want. DSL is not Ethernet. My connection is Ethernet, NOT DSL.
>
>What he's referring to is that some "DSL" routers are actually designed to plug into the ethernet port of a DSL modem rather than directly into the phone line.

I'm sure some are but he specifically said the WAN port is DSL.

>I've found that most routers - even home ones - allow you to do things like port forwarding which allows servers to be run behind NAT.

I need more than that. I run twp web servers, so simply forwarding port 80 to somewhere is not going to cut it. I need multiple, public IPs to show.

>Actually I just static route my machines on my IPs.  The router passes the IPs in unchecked

That sounds like what I need.

>and I put internal firewalls/NAT services on them as needed.

? "Them' meaning IPs? You can block given ports and incoming IPs from reaching your network IPs?

I have a /28 subnet. When configuring machines on my subnet, I use xx.xx.xx.129 as the gateway address. If I have my own router, will this be the address of the LAN port on it?
S'abonner aux messages S'abonner aux sommaires S'abonner aux indexes Se désabonner Ecrire un email au responsable de la liste