From: Mike Hebel <nimitz@nimitzbrood.com>
Subject: Re: Wandering off-topic: Speedstream 5861
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 18:53:20 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

On Thursday, December 2, 2004, at 06:46 PM, Bill Cole wrote:

At 8:57 AM -0600 12/2/04, Mike Hebel wrote:
[...]
From what I've read you can actually route the ethernet side of things on the 5861 without too much trouble - ignoring the DSL interface.

No. The entire Ethernet side of the 5861 is one interface from a routing point of view. It isn't even a switch, simply a 4-port dumb hub. You have 2 interfaces, 'remote' and 'ethernet' and they even have slightly variant command sets in the raw command-line user interface.

I could have sworn I saw something about it in the in-depth manual.  It was something that dedicated one ethernet port to one IP or something like that.

*shrug*  I may be wrong - no biggie.

Mike
----
"I think we used too much!" - Chris Knight