From: Alan Munn <amunn@msu.edu>
Subject: Error 450 rejections
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:20:36 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hi, I run a mailing list using Macjordomo with SIMS as my mailer. For one user on the list, my outgoing messages get rejected as having an unverified sender address.  Although this is supposedly temporary, the user does not seem to get messages in a timely fashion.  Her ISP says that it a problem with SIMS.  Is there something I can do to fix this on my end?

Alan

Here is a sample reject header (I've changed the actual addresses.)

 Failed to deliver your message to <users-address>:
 SMTP: Address rejected by host
 Host 'spamfilt-1.domain.edu.' says:
 unverified address: Address verification in progress

 Reporting-MTA: dns; montague.lin.msu.edu

 Final-Recipient: rfc822; <users-address>
 Action: failed
--
Alan Munn                                                   amunn@msu.edu
Department of Linguistics                                   amunn@acm.org