Mailing List Message #14915
From: Warren Michelsen <>
Subject: Re: Error 450 rejections
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:31:20 -0700
To: Alan Munn <>, SIMS Discussions <>
At 10:53 PM -0500 2/11/05, Alan Munn issued a series of ones and zeros which decoded as:
>Sorry, that's a bit of confusion that I created when I sent my original message.  I substituted the real address with a fake one in my original message.
>The real address is colloq-request (as showed up in the log transcript that I posted.  This account does exist and is mirrored to my account.

Very well. I think the problem is your DNS. When I try to look up the MX record for, I find none. If the 'verify sender address' mechanism cannot find a MX record, it doesn't know which server to use to verify the sending address Some servers, in the absence of a MX record, will use an A record. But absence of a MX record is a possible spam indicator. needs a proper MX record.

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> MX
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; AUTHORITY SECTION: 10800 IN SOA 2005021200 900 450 604800 86400

;; Query time: 126 msec
;; WHEN: Sat Feb 12 08:25:17 2005
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 98