From: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: sending to blacklisted domains
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:07:37 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 11:29 AM -0500 2/16/05, Timothy Binder  imposed structure on a stream of electrons, yielding:
On 2/16/05 8:00 AM, "Charles Mangin" <option8@option8.com> wrote:

 i asked this before, but never got a reply. any advice or appropriate
 router entries would be appreciated:

 i *think* i've set up my router to accept the required abuse and
 postmaster emails from blacklisted domains with lines like such (based
 on advice previously gleaned from this list):

 <abuse%*@blacklisted> = abuse
 <postmaster%*@blacklisted> = postmaster

Yes, this is the way to do it.

I don't think so, exactly. I believe that if you blacklist a *domain* (i.e. map it to 'error' in the router) there is no override. The above works to accept mail being offered from addresses on the IP blacklist or in a DNSBL.

 secondly, i'd like to be able to send *to* blacklisted domains from my
 postmaster account, but only from that account. how would that work?
 any suggestions?

I *believe* that blacklisting only affects incoming mail, not outgoing,
since it's based on the email's source, so I don't think there's anything
you need to (or can) do.

Nope. Blacklisting of a domain affects mail passing through the server, period. There is no generalized 'inbound' and 'outbound' differentiation.

As far as I know, there is no way in SIMS to override a domain-based blacklisting.
--
Bill Cole
bill@scconsult.com