From: Charles Mangin <option8@option8.com>
Subject: Re: sending to blacklisted domains
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:13:45 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I don't think so, exactly. I believe that if you blacklist a *domain* (i.e. map it to 'error' in the router) there is no override. The above works to accept mail being offered from addresses on the IP blacklist or in a DNSBL.

Nope. Blacklisting of a domain affects mail passing through the server, period. There is no generalized 'inbound' and 'outbound' differentiation.

As far as I know, there is no way in SIMS to override a domain-based blacklisting.

thanks, bill. that's what i was afraid of. i've been routing domains and TLDs to error for a while now, in addition to the DNSBLs i subscribe to, since i started running SIMS a couple years ago. i have a huge list now, and some of them are probably no longer sources of spam and/or viruses. the reason i asked was that i had to correspond with someone about an ebay auction, and their domain was blacklisted in my router list. i found a lot of older entries that i hadn't commented why they were there.

i guess this means i'll have to go in and clean up that list and start over.

             charles mangin | Alpha Geek and Chief Mental Hygienist
        option8@option8.com | What's that watermelon doing there?
     http://niftee-tron.com | http://mentalhygiene.com