From: <billc_lists@greenbuilder.com>
Subject: Re: Receiving mail on alternate ports
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 02:53:25 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 5:44 PM -0600 3/6/05, Bob Smith wrote:
On Mar 6, 2005, at 4:26 PM, billc_lists@greenbuilder.com wrote:

Hmmm. So you have an OSX box receive just by an IP and a non-standard port?

not receiving mail, just accepting SMTP connections from users wishing to send through that server.

 How do you authenticate or otherwise check that they're actually supposed to be sending through you?

I've turned SMTP authentication on.  The only users that log-in via their

I just noticed that my ASSP setup can receive on the alternate port of my choice.  Since I'm planning on putting ASSP and SIMS on one box to work together, this should take care of the problem for me.

--
Bill Christensen
<http://greenbuilder.com/contact/>