From: Ron Johnson <Ganahee@DakotaRainbow.com>
Subject: Error Message: Can anyone help?
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 05:21:42 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hi fellow listers,

It's been quite a while since I last posted to this list, but I need some assistance for a friend of mine who is *very* frustrated.

Recently, he's been having a problem when he tries to send eMail from his account on my server.  He can retrieve mail just fine, but can't seem to send it.  He gets the following error message, after sending mail:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.DakotaRainbow.com', Server: 'mail.DakotaRainbow.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

He is using Outlook Express, running Windoze 98 SE, and has AVG Anti-Virus Version 7 installed on his PC.  This error seems to me like some sort of connection error -- don't know if it is a problem which exists on my end, or on his.  I've made no changes to his account recently, everything seems correct on the server machine, and my roommate, and I, both can send and receive just fine.

Any hints, suggestions, tips, etc.?  TIA

Best Regards,

Ron J.
--
Ron Johnson | AKA Ganahee

"For millions of years, mankind lived, just like the animals.  Then, something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination -- we learned to talk."

From the MiniDisc "The Division Bell" the track "Keep Talking"