From: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
Subject: semi unknown account
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:31:32 -0500
To: SIMS list <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Is there an easy way to setup a semi-unknown account. By this I mean, I
have a bunch of web forms setup for various registrations. Often these
forms need to be mirrored to multiple people, so I setup an account for
each one, and put in a mirror list.

That is fine, and normal.

However, I forgot to setup the account for one the other day, and just
lost the last 3 days worth of registrations as the form was being
bounced. Since I name all the accounts with the same prefix (cgi-), I was
wondering if there was an easy way with the router to set it to first
check for an existing account match, and then if it doesn't find an
account, to just lump all others with the CGI prefix into one account
(that is the way I collect them anyway, along with mirroring to other
people, I mirror them also to one account for me to collect).

I'm just trying to come up with an easy fail safe way to make sure I
can't accidentally forget to create an account again in the future. I
can't just put <cgi-*> = <myAccount> in the router, or it will trap all
accounts with that prefix and thus prevent those that need to be mirrored
from being so.

Is there some way to get it to look at the account list first and then do
the router?

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>