From: Dave Pooser <dave-cgpro@pooserville.com>
Subject: Re: [OT] Alternate MTAs [was Blacklist Setting]
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:57:58 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
> On the other hand, I'm just a bit of free time away from migrating
> off of SIMS, and I expect that Tiger will make that simpler by having
> a more current version of Postfix than Panther.

I'm currently using CGPro, and hang out on this list only because it's where
I learned 90% of what I know about SMTP and anti-spam techniques. (Probably
80% of what I know about SMTP and anti-spam techniques came courtesy of one
Bill Cole, incidentally, and I hope you'll hang out here even after you move
on to another email program.)

That said, I'm looking at handing off SMTP duties to Exim; I looked at
Postfix but I thought Exim's ACLs made it a better choice because there are
more opportunities to reject spam vs. accept and then bounce/bitbucket/other
sub-optimal solution. Is there a reason that you're looking at Postfix over
Exim?
--
Dave Pooser
Cat-Herder-in-Chief