From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
Subject: Re: [OT] Alternate MTAs [was Blacklist Setting]
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:22:50 -0500 (CDT)
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:

Been using Postfix for years here. It provides some pretty in-depth spam control, with chances to reject/accept, etc. at many stages along the way. Also, there are a number of reasons you would not actually want to reject the message until the whole thing is received (see the postfix mailing list archivers for this).

I'm now on my 3rd year of not moving to postfix as I promised I would.

Is there a way to implement SIMS router functionality on postfix, in part or in full? (same question as 3 years ago, hoping things have changed).

You can pretty much do anthing you could do in the router. These can even be stored in a MySQL databse if you wish. But if you ned pop and imap as well I would probably look at courier, which has these integrated. Postfix is SMTP only. Either of these can satisfy just about any of the router functionailty. In fact, aliases and virtual accounts in courier are quite similar to those in the router. I keep all of our courier accounts in a MySQL db. Though I do not have the aliases settings there (not sure if it supports that. I bet it does, but I use flat files for that. You can use a single flat file (like a SIMS router), or one per domain, etc.)

Courier also supports webmail (I have not setup the webmail.)

--
Joe Laffey                |        Visual Effects for Film and Video
LAFFEY Computer Imaging   |        ---------------------------------