From: Dave Pooser <dave-cgpro@pooserville.com>
Subject: Re: [OT] Alternate MTAs [was Blacklist Setting]
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:46:55 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
> 3. I have a different impression of the relative feature sets of Exim
> and *current* Postfix than you seem to.

And since I'm working largely off research I did about 2 years ago, your
impression is more probably correct than mine is. Apparently I should
revisit Postfix, since it has "geek on the street" advantages over Exim.

> That means doing
> surgery on a Panther system, but less than what Exim would take.

In my case, it probably means more surgery; I plan on continuing to use
CGPro for POP/IMAP/Webmail/outgoing SMTP, at least for the near future, so
setting up Apple's Postfix as incoming-only and disabling Apple's Cyrus
(which through Panther has been of questionable reliability judging from the
Apple listservs) might be more of a pain than just setting up a current
Postfix implementation on my own.
--
Dave Pooser
Cat-Herder-in-Chief