From: Howard Shere <hshere@greendragon.com>
Subject: Re: [OT] Alternate MTAs [was Blacklist Setting]
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:15:40 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

On Apr 19, 2005, at 3:11 PM, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:

cyrus does POP3 and IMAP. it also is very flexible as it does not require adding a unix style account for each email address.

postfix delivers the mail to cyrus and cyrus stores it for the user to get using their mail client.

Thanks. And, I have gathered, cyrus has a web interface. To my memory, postfix does not. Has anyone used the webmin interface to postfix? it is worthwhile?

I use webmin on ALL my linux servers. I would not want to admin a linux box without it.

The postfix module is ok. Not great, but OK. Good for setting the basic stuff, but the postfix main.cf is not as scary as it seems at first.

Howard Shere
http://blogs.greendragon.com/index.php/gdc
Altair 8800a to Mac OS X so far...