From: Tod Fitch <Tod@FitchDesign.com>
Subject: Re: [OT] Alternate MTAs [was Blacklist Setting]
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:43:19 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

On Apr 19, 2005, at 1:11 PM, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:

cyrus does POP3 and IMAP. it also is very flexible as it does not require adding a unix style account for each email address.

postfix delivers the mail to cyrus and cyrus stores it for the user to get using their mail client.

Thanks. And, I have gathered, cyrus has a web interface. To my memory, postfix does not. Has anyone used the webmin interface to postfix? it is worthwhile?

It is not a web admin interface, but for OS X 10.3 you can get some help configuring Postfix with a GUI:

http://www.cutedgesystems.com/weblog/Tutorials/PostfixEnabler.html

I was not able to get this to work with Postfix on a 10.2 machine. But then again I only tried it for a couple minutes.