From: Heath <simslist@eeeff.net>
Subject: sending AOL mail problems (again)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:03:18 +0100
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Like a number of folk here on the list, I too have suddenly had problems sending mails to AOL...

Looking back in the archives, it wasn't a recent problem it seems (May 2003)....however up until recently I could send mails fine to ANY AOL address.

could any help diagnose what I suspect is still a DNS issue with my server: mail.eeeff.net

Had similar sending issues with an exchange server on my network. that turned out to be a reverse issue (we werent handling the reverse side of the DNS and so the wrong numbers where being resolved from another source).  With a bit of administration we are now managing the reverse AND the forward side of the domain, and mail appears to be sending fine now.

However mail out of mail.eeeff.net is still sitting in the que and resulting in a bounce (see below)

much appreciated

Heath