From: Timothy Binder <lists@cyberthorn.net>
Subject: Re: sending AOL mail problems (again)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:23:54 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On Apr 20, 2005, at 11:03 AM, Heath wrote:

Like a number of folk here on the list, I too have suddenly had problems sending mails to AOL...

Looking back in the archives, it wasn't a recent problem it seems (May 2003)....however up until recently I could send mails fine to ANY AOL address.

could any help diagnose what I suspect is still a DNS issue with my server: mail.eeeff.net

Didn't see anything obvious from the message bounce. What do your logs say? You may want to turn the logging level low to see as much as possible.

I had to stop running mail service for a non-profit because AOL was rejecting my email. I was doing redirects for all the officers, one of whom was on AOL & reporting spam she received at her officer address. As a result, AOL blacklisted me, rather than contacting me for resolution. When I called, they said I had to work with my ISP -- they wouldn't deal with me directly. My ISP, on the other hand, said that I was perfectly fine and they don't get involved in third-party issues. *sigh* I hate AOL.

Tim