From: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: sending AOL mail problems (again)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:17:52 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 4:03 PM +0100 4/20/05, Heath  imposed structure on a stream of electrons, yielding:
Like a number of folk here on the list, I too have suddenly had problems sending mails to AOL...

Looking back in the archives, it wasn't a recent problem it seems (May 2003)....however up until recently I could send mails fine to ANY AOL address.

could any help diagnose what I suspect is still a DNS issue with my server: mail.eeeff.net

Had similar sending issues with an exchange server on my network. that turned out to be a reverse issue (we werent handling the reverse side of the DNS and so the wrong numbers where being resolved from another source).  With a bit of administration we are now managing the reverse AND the forward side of the domain, and mail appears to be sending fine now.

I don't see anything odd about mail.eeeff.net's DNS.

However mail out of mail.eeeff.net is still sitting in the que and resulting in a bounce (see below)

much appreciated

Heath