From: Stefan Jeglinski <jeglin@4pi.com>
Subject: e-mail recall?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:02:45 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Somewhat off topic, but there are few topics these days anyway.

I just got 3 e-mails in a row from a hapless Outlook (I assume) user. The first was the message. The second was just a message that said

The sender would like to recall the message, "<subject>".

where "<subject>" is just the name of the subject header in the first e-mail.

The 3rd was obviously the edited e-mail she had intended to send.

All of it came was sent out via their Exchange server. The time stamps were the same on all three, to the minute anyway, so there appeared to be some degree of automation to it.

What is Outlook trying to do here? Is it supposed to be able to reach into recipient's e-mail boxes and delete ("recall") certain e-mails and replace them with others after the fact? Sounds far-fetched but I put nothing past Microsoft.

Stefan "not an Outlook user" Jeglinski