From: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: AOL and SIMS
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 13:46:22 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 6:38 AM -0400 5/7/05, David C King  imposed structure on a stream of electrons, yielding:
<x-flowed>AOL doesn't accept mail from any IP block that belongs to cable
providers. They operate on the assumption that any IP number
belonging to a cable company's broadband block of IP's is suspect. So
if I run mail via SIMS to them, they reject my mail. If I run it to
them via, say, gmail.com, mail goes through.

That's simply not so. I know of multiple counter-examples of people with RoadRunner and Comcast business cable modem links without AOL delivery problems.
AOL *does* generally reject mail from dynamically assigned IP addresses, so if you have a dynamically assigned address or reverse DNS that makes it look like you do, AOL is likely to not accept your mail.