From: <RogerKIWI@aol.com>
Subject: Re: AOL and SIMS
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 10:35:18 -0400
To: "SIMS Discussions" <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
In a message dated 5/9/2005 10:11:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Stefan Jeglinski <jeglin@4pi.com> writes:

>>AOL doesn't accept mail from any IP block that belongs to cable providers.
>
>Seeing as AOL Hi-speed necessarily uses cable providers in certain
>areas to provide the connection to their own customers, I don't see
>how this could be true in general. They'd be not accepting mail from
>their own customers.

 Well I don't know what happens on Windows, but on Macintosh, AOL assigns your computer an IP number from the AOL pool of IP numbers when you sign on, so your mail isn't actually isn't seen as coming from the cable provider's IP number, but from an AOL IP number.

AOL also now allows the use of third party mail clients with their network, so users can use Mail, or Eudora, or Entourage or whatever else to deal with AOL mail. In these cases you make a secure connection to AOL.

Roger