From: Stefan Jeglinski <jeglin@4pi.com>
Subject: Re: AOL and SIMS
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 10:55:55 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
 >>AOL doesn't accept mail from any IP block that belongs to cable providers.

Seeing as AOL Hi-speed necessarily uses cable providers in certain
areas to provide the connection to their own customers, I don't see
how this could be true in general. They'd be not accepting mail from
their own customers.

 Well I don't know what happens on Windows, but on Macintosh, AOL assigns your computer an IP number from the AOL pool of IP numbers when you sign on, so your mail isn't actually isn't seen as coming from the cable provider's IP number, but from an AOL IP number.

Really? If you have a cable connection, you already have an IP address, before you sign on to AOL, no? Given today's "limited" number of IP addresses, and the size of AOL and, for example, Time Warner, I'm surprised that they would allow one to take 2 IP addresses out of the block space (1 AOL, 1 TW), when one is all that is needed.

Stefan Jeglinski