De: Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net>
Sujet: Re: [OT] Alternate MTAs [was Blacklist Setting]
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 10:24:13 -0600
A: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 19 Apr 2005, at 11:14 , Stefan Jeglinski wrote:
Been using Postfix for years here. It provides some pretty in-depth spam control, with chances to reject/accept, etc. at many stages along the way. Also, there are a number of reasons you would not actually want to reject the message until the whole thing is received (see the postfix mailing list archivers for this).

I'm now on my 3rd year of not moving to postfix as I promised I would.

Is there a way to implement SIMS router functionality on postfix, in part or in full? (same question as 3 years ago, hoping things have changed).

Same answer.  Yes.  Sorta.  Not really.

It all depends on exactly what you mean.  Is it possible to duplicate the functionality of the SIMS router info to postfix? For the most part, yes.  However, the 'fall through' design of the SIMS router simply doesn't exist in postfix.

An incoming message needs to match exactly ONE rule in postfix (though the rule can be a regex).  This may mean a rethinking of your SIMS router design, and may mean a lot more aliases and virtual entries than SIMS router entries.

--
Lewis Butler, Owner Covisp.net
240 S Broadway #203, 80209