From: dale <stuff@colony.net>
Subject: Re: Help with verizon
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 16:26:12 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On Mon, 9 May 2005 04:03:20 -0500
 "Lane Roathe" <lane@roathe.com> wrote:

[snip]

Anyone have any ideas on this one? This is happening with TWO different email servers; The first is my sims machine at home on a DSL line with a static IP. The second is a linux box at The Planet, static DNS.

Run as fast as you can away from The Planet. They are the worst data center I have ever used. Many of their IPs are in various permenant block lists - and unfortuantely their so-called techs don't have a clue and will do nothing about giving you dirty IP addresses. At my day job we still have a few servers there. We have actually gotten ticket responses where they explained the reason why our radius server went down was someone tripped over the power code and unplugged it without noticing it! Of course this only took 3 hours for them to find and fix.

Check out CIHost  if you are co-location (they also lease dedicated servers). I have 1 server at CIHost and 2 others with another company at the InfoMart (btw, I am just south of you in The Colony). I got a deal at CIHost for $49.00 per month for a 1U co-lo server with 16 IPs and 1500gb per month xfer (yes, gb). Only catch is you have to pre-pay for 1 year.
Lane Roathe
President          Ideas From the Deep       <http://www.ifd.com>

Dale