From: michael@whiterose.org <michael@whiterose.org>
Subject: RE: SIMS on Multiple Port
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:54:57 -0400
To: <sims@mail.stalker.com>
-----------------
From: Andrew Schmiechen aschmiechen@discovercolor.com

>The local cable service has recently decided to start blocking outgoing
port
>25 connections to anything other than their mail servers.  Is there a way
>configure SIMS to listen on multiple ports so I can have my remote users
>continue to send through our server?

I don't think that SIMS can listen to two ports at once, but there are lots
of ways to solve the problem.  For instance, if you have a router that does
NAT, you can map router:10025 to mailserver:25, and then have the clients
connect to the external address of the router.  For a while I ran an OSX
program call PortRedirector on my OSX webserver to do that to my OS 9 SIMS
box, but my circumstances no longer require that.