From: Neil Herber <nospam@eton.ca>
Subject: Re: SIMS on Multiple Port
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 06:14:39 -0700
To: <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 2005-06-09  11:28 AM -0500, Andrew Schmiechen is rumored to have said:
The local cable service has recently decided to start blocking outgoing port
25 connections to anything other than their mail servers.  Is there a way to
configure SIMS to listen on multiple ports so I can have my remote users
continue to send through our server?

If the ISP is only blocking port 25 outbound, then there is no problem - SIMS is listening on port 25 inbound. So your remote users will be able to send to SIMS. For SIMS to then get mail out, it needs to use your ISPs mail server as a relay. Set the SMTP control panel to allow sending "via Foreign Mail Server".

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668