From: Neil Herber <nospam@eton.ca>
Subject: Re: SIMS on Multiple Port
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:48:43 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 2005-06-10  09:35 AM -0700, Christopher Bort is rumored to have said:
I think Andrew's problem is the other way round. I read his question to say
that his users are using a cable service provider that blocks port 25
connections to anything but its own servers, so they can't connect to his
server on port 25.

Slaps forehead ... Ahh! Yes, there are two ways to read that, aren't there! You can use a cheap hardware router to get around this. Map as many inbound ports as you want to 25 on the SIMS box. The most difficult thing (in my experience) is getting users to reconfigure.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668