Mailing List Message #15043
From: Lewis Butler <>
Subject: Re: SIMS on Multiple Port
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:59:38 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <>
On 09 Jun 2005, at 10:28 , Andrew Schmiechen wrote:
The local cable service has recently decided to start blocking outgoing port
25 connections to anything other than their mail servers.  Is there a way to
configure SIMS to listen on multiple ports so I can have my remote users
continue to send through our server?

Short answer: no

Long answer: yes, but you need some other software (or hardware) to do this.  Something that will forward an outside port (587 is good) to port 25 inside.  A router can do this, or a NAT table, or something like IPNEtRouter.

Lewis Butler, Owner
240 S Broadway #203, 80209
mobile: 303.564.2512  fx: 303.282.1515
AIM/ichat: covisp xdi: